Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

sgleone69
Participant

I have to have coffee EVERYDAY to help me wake up!

Having ADD is hard! Shopping is really hard for me as well. I have to have a list or else I will either get side tracked or will leave with nothing because I can’t make a decision.

Meal planning is the hardest thing to do but I have tried simplifying it. Make it Easy:
Monday Chicken (pick 5 ways to make chicken)
Tuesday Hamburger (sloppy joes, tacos,etc)
Wednesday Fish (salmon, baked cod, fish sticks, shrimp,etc)
Thursday pasta
Friday pizza

Once you plan your 5 easy meals by day or type of food keep the lists on your phone. If you are a visual person slap them in a folder. Keep it in your car. It makes grocery shopping easier.

School stuff all goes in a container or bin that is a little bigger than 8-1/2 x 11. If it is not an actionable item like a permission slip it all goes in this bin. At the end of each school break I go through and keep creative things and significant accomplishments. At the end of the school year all the stuff to keep goes into a storage container labeled for that grade.

Don’t despair…. Just try to attempt 1 new thing that might help you get through the daily grind.

Good luck. Each day is a new day!