Reply To: Highly considering seeing a doctor…

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Highly considering seeing a doctor… Reply To: Highly considering seeing a doctor…

Andrea@adhdprimed
Participant

Elle,

I just noticed your reply to me. I hadn’t clicked on the option to notify me of follow-up replies. I hope that your situation has improved!

Kesmith nailed it with their answer. You may have been misdiagnosed and medication is a tool.

I also think that you should look for another job, one at a company with a strong mental health policy and/or wellness mandate. Many companies will have “careers” sections on their websites and many of those sections mention those policies/mandates. There are also websites that allow employees and former employees to leave reviews about the company so you can use that to help gauge what it’s like to work at a company. That said, not every company that claims to have a mental health mandate will practice it. I realize that looking for a job takes energy, which, if you’re like me, you lack when you’re at a job that feels defeating.

ADHDmomma is correct about the legalities. It’s unlikely to happen, but it’s a risk.