Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Honey18
Blocked

Thank you so much gleiby, your post has made me cry a little.

I do love my family so much but I have to admit I never thought I would find it so hard being a parent. I feel like I let them down at times when I’m clumsy, tired, forgetful and disorganised. But as you say I do get up and go to work each day to help provide for them. I also have an autoimmune condition which can cause me to be in pain at times (thankfully managed well with meds) & tired so there are times I really don’t feel like getting up and going to work for 8.30am.

I do think there’s an enormous amount of pressure these days in society, or certainly where I live to be the perfect mum and I get upset when I feel like I can’t cope with it all. And I can’t tell anyone so I bottle it all up inside and try and look like I’m coping.