Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

christywinckles
Participant

Thank you for sharing. You are not alone, and it is so relieving to know that other parents are struggling, too!

First I agree with some other replies about getting officially diagnosed. I was struggling (and still do) with all of this as a working mom (50+ hours a week) with two kids and couldn’t figure out what was going on until I got diagnosed in my 30s with ADHD. Going on Concerta has helped a lot. It’s not a cure-all but grocery stores do not overwhelm me like they used to.

I still forget the laundry for days at a time and never get enough done around the house but I am trying to remember to say “it’s okay.” For organization, I’ve actually found Pinterest seems to work like my ADHD brain. All the pins and boards are very random and scattered and it’s been a great tool for finding simple meal ideas and trying to use it to narrow down what I need at the grocery store so I don’t wander the aisles and do the pizza for dinner routine! I still end up with pizza one day a week and cheese, crackers and fruit for another meal but I’m up to cooking about 3 healthy meals a week which is much better than I used to do!