Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Momchaos75
Participant

This is me!!

I beat myself up too, wondering why I can’t do all of it…but I have reduced the amount I do that at least. I am a single mom of 2 kids and we all suffer with ADHD.

I now give myself some grace, simplify my life where ever I can and lower my unrealistic expectations-no matter how the other kids and moms look in public, I have learned that we all fall short…just in different ways.

I remind myself that God’s grace fills in the gaps of my parenting.

I pick one goal at a time to focus on improving. Right now it is to get my basic boring duties done-dishes and dinner :s before I have that 15 minute nap to get some energy to make it through the evening or continue on home renos (which is my passion).

Through trial and error, I have made small gains and they build on each other. I won’t ever be “typical” in my parenting but my goal is to get better and as long as I’m working toward that, I feel good about where I am right now…chaotic mess and all!

My advice? Be kind to you, pick one thing to research, explore and tackle with trial and error.
LOVE