Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

BethBeads
Participant

Here is what I do.

I buy main dish items when i am at the store. i make sure to count how many days, say if i am buying for the month, i pick enough meats or pastas or whatever to equal 30 days.

I do the same with sides, i actually buy twice the amt needed in sides because i know my moods change, and i dont plan so at least i have many options. I like having a mini grocery store inside my house.

the rest of things like condiments and spices, i keep stocked on hand.

extra things like taco seasoning packages or stew packages, chili whichever, i just make sure to always have those on hand too.

milk, eggs, sugar, things you know you need become something you either buy in huge bulk or make sure its on the shopping list.

when i get home, my entire food shelves are set up like the grocery store, because its frustrating as heck to have to dig thru disorder… its easier to just put it away the right way to begin with,

number one bit of advice, learn that everything doesnt have to be done in lightening speed. slow down. put it away when you touch it, you already have your hand on it, just put it where it belongs…

accept that you are going to screw up, time and time and time again.

you are not a bad mom. you are a mom who needs to learn how to do what works for her, and forget what everyone in society says is the right way to do things. i cant stand societal norms. i dont fit them, i never will. i dont do schedules unless i have no option, like hey my tuesday is a doctor appointment…. but as for 9 am, do this, 10 am do that, i cant handle it. it makes me feel like im being time squeezed and its very uncomfortable…

you will get this, the trick is never give up trying to find what works.