Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

MichaelFreesmith
Participant

Hi – I totally understand the sense of wandering around the store lost and wondering where the time went. But the only real question I have reading your note is, where is your partner? Have you shared this with them? If you have a full time job then the housework (groceries, laundry, school admin) has to be shared. If your job requires attention to detail then there’s a really good chance there’s nothing left when it’s time to come home and get to the rest of it. Our ADHD brains can easily get bored and overwhelmed with the mundane, but coupled with a sense of unfairness that you’re even in the position of having to do it all, that can really be too much. All the systems in the world won’t solve the relationship issue – you have to do the work with your partner.