Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please? Reply To: Frustrated I can’t do the most simple things as a mum. Any advice please?

frannygirl
Participant

Hi you are not alone. My best advice is figure out the things that are going to make you sad/mad at yourself and set alarms not reminders in your phone about them. “Change the laundry so it does not smell” “Buy chicken rice vegetables to make casserole to eat Monday and Tuesday of this week” if you put emotion in your alarm description it will hit your heart and you will get up and do it. And once I put laundry in a set an alarm, again not a reminder, to change the laundry in one hour so I don’t forget. And most importantly if the alarm goes off and you cannot deal with it right then, reset the alarm time for 30 minutes later or 45 minutes later when you can deal with it. Even though I just gave you all this “advice“ I would also say figure out what works for you because it’s going to be different then what works for someone else. So try what intrigues you about all these posts and see if they make your life easier. Good luck and God Bless ❤️