Reply To: How do I approach him about his possible ADHD? Should I stay with him?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones How do I approach him about his possible ADHD? Should I stay with him? Reply To: How do I approach him about his possible ADHD? Should I stay with him?

Big L
Participant

Wow, Penny is right, he probably has RSD, I do and it is a tough issue to deal with, without meds and counseling. He knows there is something different about him vs. everyone else. Without someone giving him some direction, he will not find out for a long time what it is. One idea would be to take the symptoms test together, just, happen to be on this site one of these times when you’re with him, then tell him, something like, Oh, there is a test here for ADHD, I think we should see how we score. or something to that effect. It might work, you never know. I wasn’t diagnosed until I was 56, oh how I wish it would have been sooner. My life decisions would have been very different in a good way. Don’t put yourself in harm’s way though, if he can’t get control of himself and won’t get the help he needs you shouldn’t stay in that type of a relationship. That’s my opinion for what it’s worth.