Reply To: Constant change in interests

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Constant change in interests Reply To: Constant change in interests

Gees
Participant

Wow!I am so glad that I found this site. I have never been diagnosed with ADHD but there have been sveral people who have joked around with me saying that I was ADD. I have always done so many different things in my life and I am grateful that I have a patient husband. I think it’s because I’m the risk taker that makes things happen. However I get really bored fast. I have done hair for 23 years, with 10 of them being consistant. Because I owned the business I was able to do different things. I was a cop, loan originator, probation agent, realestate agent, insurance agent, and travel agent. Of course all of these were short lived except hair and travel agent. I just got bored and would move on to something else. I kept going back to hair and travel for some reason even though I really dislike doing hair now, it does bring in right now money. I was able to hold down a job in retail for 8 years mainly because I worked as a night manager and each day brought something new. I love learning new stuff and I was able to earn two Master Degrees. Learning new stuff holds my interest for some reason. I was laid off my retail job which was good because I was ready to quit, however now I strugfle everyday because I am back doing hair and travel and feel like I am so much more to offer and I’m just stuck. My mind just runs away all the time and I find myself just sad sometimes. It really can take a toll on a person. I try to combat it by reading motivational books and they will inspire me for a day then I am right back to wondering what to do next. Sitting at home really bores me because I am not the type of person to just sit around the house cooking and cleaning. Nothing wrong with that it just does nothing for me personally. I am have started to try to let go of some of the things I do so that I can maybe give myself some time to really think about what I want to do. One thing I know is that I hate sales and nothing that I am doing now keeps me inspired. I guess I need to set up an appointment with a doctor to see if I do suffer from ADHD or if I am just a confused person who can’t make up her mind. Any comments would be welcomed, maybe you guys can give me more insight.