Reply To: ADHD books

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults ADHD books Reply To: ADHD books

rebell90
Participant

Few great ones I have read bits and parts (ADHD so hard time reading a lot at once lol unless I’m on a spin bike and can move my legs haha—-but ALL these books take the pressure of amd suggest to only to bits and pieces and I’ve had some for a year and refer to all the time):
“You’re life can be better” by a doc with ADHD and his “list of 3” technique is the beat being that I get stuck on indecision . He says to look at your list Nd then pick three small one steps things on an index card and do all those first then as you do one, then add one. I also just realized (after losing my phone for so so long -typical) that index cards are great no nigebooks I can’t take out the pages. I get bright colored cards 5 by 7 amd have a box to file —great no them I can decide the theme of gh later and just move versus rip out pages.
Gift of adult ADHD: covers everything from interpersonal connections to crwfiavith and helps you reframe in a unique way via interview with ceos and innovators with ADHD. The activities (I love interactive books) are so unique. One of them has you lost all your random google searches then see f theme and another I just did has you write out a question you’ve been stuck on like the next step of. Project or what ever ..THEN has u confront some sosort of junk drawer and just go through it. Then you kind of note what is in there Nd just have a brainstorming session about it and then see if my answer lies in there via using creativity! It’s amaOng bc I get the most random inspiration from the oddest things always been an outside box thinker and my AI programming and math career is perfect no yhats whya it takes!
Third: you mean I’m not lazy stupid or crazy
My friend just bought me this. Amazing. I’m a recovering alcoholic at 27, bad binge drinker and been sober a year now, and I live this book bc ut actually has. Chapter on the 12 steps in regra to AA !!? Bc they are Great for any life issue where you need to restore balance and goan. Perspective !!
Beat don luck!