Reply To: Doctor didn’t believe Ritalin WASN’T amphetamine

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Doctor didn’t believe Ritalin WASN’T amphetamine Reply To: Doctor didn’t believe Ritalin WASN’T amphetamine

jen.ann.cathey
Participant

So when we went back to the doctor, I took the advice I had heard to have the doctor actually do a methylphenidate drug test. I am SO glad I was there to advocate for my husband. The doc kept fighting me but I demanded that he look it up. He did and was surprised to see there even was a test. My hubby took it and of course passed!!!! We were vindicated! The doc had even tried to say when I pointed out that none of the drug testing was for methylphenidate, he pointed at the “methamphetamine” test he had taken and said that should have shown he had it in his system!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Before a follow up appointment, we passed on th info that was posted above explaining that methylphenidate is NOT an amphetamine. He actually believed us and said he was misinformed. After that whole debacle, we decided to get a new doctor who actually UNDERSTOOD what it was he was prescribing and how to test for it!!!!!