Reply To: I’ve told lies.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame I’ve told lies. Reply To: I’ve told lies.

Cupcake4242
Participant

I’m so relieved to know I’m not the only one who does this. I lie about big stuff, I lie about little stuff; they just roll off my tongue. I take other peoples’ stories and tell them as my own. And it’s not like I don’t have good stories of my own! I say what I think will be easier for people to hear than the actual truth, but the people in my life want the truth and hate the lies… the lies get me into more trouble than the truth I think I’ll get in trouble for. I’m
constantly trying to remember what lies I’ve told to whom. Oh, what a tangled web I weave! And I’m 41. I’ve struggled with ADD my entire life and just thought I was lazy and stupid with no sense of time. But now I know the lies are a part of it. I tell a lie and then my brain is screaming at me like, “What the hell why are you lying right now???” I tell the truth, too. It’s not all lies, but I lie enough for it to be a concern. I even lie to myself! Fun!