Reply To: Time wasting on my phone when should be doing more important things!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Time wasting on my phone when should be doing more important things! Reply To: Time wasting on my phone when should be doing more important things!

friederike
Participant

Thanks for your reply, you have some good points here. It’s interesting that so many others struggle with the same. I normally go on my phone in the morning( just for 5 minutes…ha ha) but I resolved( again) to change those habits. ( Wondering why it’s so hard..) I have heard of apps, that actually cut of facebook ( for example) at the specific time I scheduled it, but don’t remember what it is. Also today our pastor talked about the will, which each one of us has,,but struggling and that it is stronger in the morning and strengthening it is through starting to resist it’s urges ,which is easier in the morning, I guess. So I set again a plan to change things. One thing that was on my heart is ts to a daily( or at least weekly schedule as a start. And go from there. I also starting to watch my words more. How often have I been discouraged about those habits and then said words like it’s not working, etc, but that’s where it starts. I’m a Christian, so I know I’m not alone in this battle. So I say “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” and there is no condemnation….Shame and condemnation are the biggest enemy to change, so I ahve been working on those too. That’s where it starts. “Never give up” So I’m starting all fresh. MAy be all can be accountable to each other..Blessings.. I won’t give up and we will all see changes….