Reply To: Need help with teenage son!!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Teens & Young Adults Need help with teenage son!! Reply To: Need help with teenage son!!

JIMINYCRICKET
Participant

please do not let him call you these things. THERE SHOULD BE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR. HE WILL CONTINUE THIS AS AN ADULT AND noonE AND I MEAN NOONE WILL BE ACCEPTING OF IT OR UNDERSTANDING OF IT WHEN HE IS STILL LIVING AT HOME AND HE IS 37. trust me. i know.

AS FOR YOUR HUSBANDS RECOMMENDATION, he is correct, the boy cannot take much heed from you at this stage in his life> mothering time is over < even for a late maturing adhd boy> its time to ease him into mans world> consequences for his actions< and to start getting used to dissappointments and set backs<> and to become aware that his behavior will affect these things immediately and directly. if he learns now that his condition is something he must be responsible for< not you mom…then maybe he will leave the house in his twenties< and maybe have a shot at this struggle . its not for sure> if i were you > id let dad take over> he is lucky hes got one>