Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy? Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

eciofc
Participant

Hi Linda Mercurio, I am a 70 Y/O man and have been taken advantage of in financial situations like you wrote about. I have been ripped off right to my face. People have called me stupid to my face and of course behind my back. People talk to me in a condescending manner and I have zero friends and no family who I can trust. I ruminate over how I could have done things differently. It is obvious I can’t keep up in a conversation with neurotypicals and i’m sure that causes many to believe i’m stupid but it’s actually that i’m bored about what they are talking about. It is a terrible feeling to know many think of you and treat you as stupid. I am alone too and mostly accept my situation. I try to stay busy with small projects and reading about ADHD. I also think I fall into the Autism Spectrum Disorder and i’m scheduled for a diagnosis in a few months. At my age it is for self-discovery and i can ruminate over that(trying to be witty). Hope you’re feeling better lately!