Reply To: Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t? Reply To: Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t?

Hello234
Participant

I am right there with you! I am prescribed 5 mg hydrocodone for my herniated disks in my back. (I usually take on pill in the evening) I also have anxiety issues and take lexapro for that, I have been on that for 5 years. After taking it, I am so much more focused and productive. It does not have a sedating effect for me at all. I have always been adhd but hated the way the meds made me feel when I was younger so just stopped taking them. I recently thought I would give it another try now that I’m older and find it hard to even pay attention in church for 30 minutes. I went to the psychiatrist and am now taking adderall 25 mg. He wants me to stick it out and has went up 5 mg every 2 weeks until I’m at the “correct dose” for me. However, I just don’t feel like it’s working at all. I have no motivation to do anything which is really unlike me. I also do feel like my anxiety is much worse. I’ve been reading about Kratom for a few weeks and finally went to buy some last week. It was suggested that I try red Hulu. I took 2 grams one day and 3 grams another day. It did not seem to do anything for me. Any suggestions on a strain and dosage that you take that has been helpful for you, since We seem to have many of the same issues. I desperately want to find something so I can have some normalcy in life. Thank you so so much!