[Self-Test] Could You Have Emotional Hyperarousal?
Emotional hyperarousal is common among children and adults with ADHD — but its symptoms of intense, quickly shifting emotions are rarely recognized by clinicians or included in diagnostic tests. Use this self-test to determine if you may be experiencing symptoms of emotional hyperarousal, and bring the results to a medical professional to explore your treatment options.
Can’t see the self-test questions above? Click here to open this test in a new window.
If you are using a mobile device, you may need to scroll up to see your results.
Emotional Hyperarousal in Adults: Next Steps
1. Take This Test: Do I Have Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria?
2. Take This Test: Symptoms of ADHD in Women
3. Learn More: The 3 Defining Features of ADHD That Everyone Overlooks
4. Download: 15 Ways to Disarm (and Understand) ADHD Emotions
5. Take This Test: OCD in Adults
6. Read the ADDitude eBook “9 Conditions Often Diagnosed with ADHD”