New! Sign Up for ADDitude’s Parenting Class
Sign up below for ADDitude’s free 8-week parenting class for ADHD families. The free syllabus includes expert advice on ADHD in boys vs. girls, oppositional defiance, screen time, meltdowns and anger, friendships and social skills, ADHD in teens, and much more. The reading for this self-guided course will be delivered via weekly emails from ADDitude starting immediately.
It’s true what they say: Kids don’t come with operating manuals. But it turns out your ADDitude membership does. Just sign up here, and we’ll guide you through the most critical topics for caregivers & children with ADHD. Parents enrolled in this free, virtual course will receive weekly email newsletters featuring hand-picked ADDitude articles and resources designed to address each of the following topics:
- Week 1 Class: Organization & Time Management — How to help the child who loses assignments, forgets deadlines, has trouble staying on schedule, and leaves a trail of clutter everywhere he goes
- Week 2 Class: Self-Esteem & Friendships — How to help when your child struggles with social skills, cliques, and mean kids
- Week 3 Class: Behavior & Discipline — How to discipline without yelling, including positive parenting techniques and consequences and rewards that truly motivate children with ADHD
- Week 4 Class: Technology & Screen Time — How to set sensible tech boundaries, monitor screen usage, and help when your child gets sucked into video games
- Week 5 Class: Defiance, Meltdowns, & Anger — How to help when your child disrespects authority figures, refuses to comply with requests, and argues about everything
- Week 6 Class: ADHD in Boys vs. ADHD in Girls — Learn how ADHD symptoms may present differently in boys vs. girls, and anticipate parents’ top 5 challenges
- Week 7 Class: ADHD in Teens — How to help when hormones throw your child’s ADHD symptoms, motivation, emotions, and life out of whack
- Week 8 Class: Your Child’s Treatment Plan — How to optimize your child’s treatment plan, ensure that he’s getting the sleep and nutrition he needs, and more
NOTE: This resource is for personal use only.