Free Resource: 5 Ways to Improve Emotional Control at Home
These emotional control strategies help children with ADHD learn to recognize, label and effectively manage their feelings when dysregulation threatens to derail home life and family relationships.
5 Strategies That Improve Students’ Emotional Control
Emotional control is a life-long skill that yields benefits in school, work, and relationships. Here, get simple strategies for teaching kids to recognize, name, and manage their intense ADHD emotions, including the following:
– Teach your child how their ADHD brain works
– Help your child differentiate a thinking vs. reactive brain
– Label emotions with detail
– Help your child get un-stuck by doing an emotional temperature check
– Challenge perceptions when your child seems reactive and overly emotional
NOTE: This resource is for personal use only.