Free Download: Questions to Get Your Child Talking
Use these conversation starters to help you ask the good questions that enhance the parent-child relationship and invite deeper conversations.
Conversation Starters for Parents and Kids
When we ask thoughtful, provocative questions to our kids, it sends a powerful message: You are important and your opinion matters.
Asking good questions enhances the parent-child relationship and also allows for deeper conversations to surface. Children and teens can analyze their values, think critically, show creativity, and design rituals.
Pure and simple conversation is one of the best ways to get to know your child. But it’s not always easy to start the conversation or to know which approach to take. Here are a few age-appropriate questions and pointers to inspire communication and connection.
No matter what is said, be sure to thank your child for sharing! It takes courage to speak honestly and openly with parents.
In this download, you will learn:
- “Would you rather” questions for children
- “If you could” questions for children
- Safe questions about thoughts and opinions for tweens
- Deeper questions about emotions and goals for tweens
- Questions about present situations and choices for teens
- Questions about future opportunities and choices for teens
- Do’s and don’ts
- And more!
NOTE: This resource is for personal use only.