The ADHD-Autism Link in Children
ADHD and autism share many common traits and behaviors. Download this 42-page guide to learn how to differentiate between ADD and ASD, and how to ensure an accurate diagnosis and helpful supports for your child.
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or ADD) share many overlapping behaviors. In fact, most families of children with the condition previously known as Asperger’s syndrome (AS), an autism spectrum disorder, receive an ADHD diagnosis — or misdiagnosis — before a pediatrician correctly identifies autism. Most children on the autism spectrum have at least some symptoms of ADHD.
Use this free 42-page download as a guide to understanding the distinctions and similarities between ASD and ADHD in children. Access case studies illustrating the ADHD-autism link and learn:
- How to receive an accurate diagnosis for your child
- Strategies to overcoming your child’s social challenges
- How to determine if your child with ADHD is on the autism spectrum
- Effective supports for children with autism and ADHD
- The relationship between autism, ADHD, and anxiety in children