Distracted Hubby Leavin’ You Lonely?
I’m lonely! My husband is too distracted to pay attention to me. What should I do?
It is easy to interpret your spouse’s distraction as lack of love for you. Don’t! Chances are, he loves you a lot, but his ADD is getting in the way.
Though it sounds unromantic, scheduling time together will ensure that you get the quantity and quality of attention you need. Take trips together to eliminate his distractions and help him focus on you. Schedule time to make love. Consider whether medication might reduce his distraction.
Finally, set the alarm 10 minutes early every day and spend those minutes cuddling and telling each other how much you love each other. It’s a great way to start the day.
- Free Download: Manage ADHD’s Impact on Your Relationship
- ADHD Sex: Are Symptoms, Medications Affecting Your Love Life?
- Do You Have a Stale Sex Life?
- When Both Partners Are Diagnosed: Understanding the Other’s ADHD
- Forgiving My ADHD Impulsivity: Will She Get Over It?
#CommissionsEarned As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share. However, all products linked in the ADDitude Store have been independently selected by our editors and/or recommended by our readers. Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publicatio