Get to Know YOUR ADHD
ADHD is different for everyone. In this video, Linda Roggli, PCC, explains how to get started deciphering your individual type of ADHD to cope better, and avoid the shame spiral.
ADHD is different for everyone. There are so many unique ways the condition presents, having a diagnosis is just the beginning.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to dig deeper and understand how your type of ADHD plays out in your world. Only then can you truly learn to manage the condition, and the shame that often comes along with it.
That means figuring out how symptoms play out where you live, for your gender, culture, background, and daily life. Ask yourself:
- How do I react under stress?
- Are decision easy or difficult for me to make?
- Do I usually say “YES” to others, to the point of overwhelm?
- Am I usually early, late, or on time?
How ADHD manifests specifically for you is important information for you to know to be able to cope a little bit better.
In the video, from her ADDitude webinar titled “The Adult Guide to Shedding ADHD Shame,” Linda Roggli, PCC, explains how to get started deciphering your individual type of ADHD to avoid the shame spiral.
Learn More About the Different Types of ADHD:
1. Take This Test: Inattentive ADHD Symptoms in Adults
2. Take This Test: Hyperactive and Impulsive ADHD Symptoms in Adults
3. Slideshow: Dr. Amen’s 7 Types of ADHD
4. Download 11 ADHD Coping Mechanisms
5. Watch How to Stop Those Negativity Spirals
6. Read Secrets of Your ADHD Brain
7. Listen to “How ADHD Shapes Your Perceptions, Emotions & Motivation” with William Dodson, M.D.