New Hope Media (“NHM”, “we”, ‘our”, “us”) takes your privacy seriously; we want you to understand how we do and don’t use information about you.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), please also review Additional Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area section below which contains important additional information.
We do not share the names of visitors to our Websites, nor do we sell or share our subscriber or emails lists to any individual or organization for marketing purposes.
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Information We Collect
- How We Use Third-Party Advertising Networks and Analytics Services
- How We Share Information
- How You Can Access Your Information
- Your Choices / How to Opt Out
- How We Keep Your Information Secure
- Additional Notice If You Are Located In the European Economic Area (EEA)
- How Long Do We Retain Your Information
- Dispute Resolution / Arbitration / Limitation of Liability
- How to Contact Us
- Registering as a site member
- Signing up for free newsletter
- Requesting a free download
- Registering for free webinar
- Posting an article comment
- Contributing in discussion forums
- Sharing a photo
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest
- Device Information: We may collect certain information about the device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to IP addresses for your devices, unique device identifiers, browser types and browser language.
- User History: We may log certain usage information about your use of the Services, which may include a history of the pages you view. If you download and use any software application on your device, the log files will automatically be collected by the application and sent to our servers when your device syncs up for the latest content available.
- Mobile/Location Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access the Services through a mobile device, for example your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, or location when you opt in for us to do so. However, the degree to which your location can be identified depends on the device you are using (e.g. laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the internet (e.g. via cable broadband connection, Wi-Fi, etc.). If you enable location services for the Services, we may collect regional location data periodically as you use or leave open the Services. We may also collect your location information from your IP address or zip code. We may also use location data internally or in conjunction with our third-party service providers to customize your experience and provide offers that may be relevant to you. Depending on the platform you use to access the Services (e.g., Apple™ iOS, Google™ Android, Windows, etc.) you may be able to control from within the settings on your wireless device whether location data is collected.
- To respond to your comments, inquiries and requests and provide customer service.
- To personalize and improve your experience and deliver content or features that match your profile and interests, including to show you targeted advertising as described in Tracking Technologies; Advertising and Analytics Services Section below. Please also review Your Choices / How to Opt-Out section below.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. Please see Your Choices / How to Opt-Out section below.
- To send you transactional emails.
- To perform statistical, and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- To process our sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions and provide any documentation on winners as required by law.
- To comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements and policies.
- To carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- Opt-out Links. Any recipient of email promotional messages may opt out of receiving them at any time. To opt out of receiving promotional emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions located near the bottom of each promotional email.
- You may also opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Transactional Emails. We may send you transactional emails such as those relating to your account, your purchases, subscriptions, or entries in our sweepstakes or contests. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications by email, we may continue to send you transactional or administrative communications.
- You may request access to or ask us to correct, update or delete your personal information. You can update account information by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to Contact Us section below. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to Contact Us section below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
How We Collect Information Directly
You can browse and read most of the NHM Platform without creating an account or revealing any personal information. On certain occasions when you interact with the NHM Platform, you may submit information such as your name and login information, email address, mailing address, phone number, comments, photos and videos, payment information when you make a purchase, and transaction information. Users may submit information of their own accord, or be asked to do so to participate in certain activities, such as:
When you use the NHM Platform, we may automatically recognize information such as the following:
Some of the third-party service providers for the NHM Platform (e.g., analytics) may also use their own tracking technologies on our digital properties to help us run and optimize our platforms and serve advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across the NYPR Platform and other online properties.
To find out more about the Tracking Technologies we use and their function go to our Cookie Notice and to learn more about how to manage your preferences go to our Cookies Notice.
How We Collect Information from Third-Party Sources
Third-Party Sources. From time to time we may obtain personal information about you from third-party sources. We may use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including personal information) we collect, to provide our Services.
Social Networking Accounts. In addition, when you choose to link our Websites to your social networking accounts or use one of our hashtags, or otherwise engage with the Services through third-party social media platforms, you may be allowing us ongoing access to certain information stored on those platforms. In addition, as you interact with the Services, you may also be providing information about your activities to the third-party social networking platforms, as applicable. You should make sure that you are comfortable with the information such services may make available to us by visiting the applicable platforms’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those platforms.
Analytics and Ad Serving. Google is one of the companies that we use to serve advertising and perform analytics on some of the Services. When you access the Services, our third-party vendors, including Google, use third-party cookies (such as the Google DoubleClick cookie) to serve you ads based on your previous visit to our website and other websites. To learn more about your choices and in particular Google’s currently available opt-outs for the Web, please see Your Choices / How to Opt Out section below.
Information from Children
Our Services are directed at a general audience and not directed to those under the age of 18. NHM does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age.
Links to Other Websites
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general, our main purpose in collection, use, and storage of information is to further our mission by making the NHM Platform work better for you and by staying in touch with you about NHM content that may interest you as well as serve ads that allow us to provide content free of charge to you. So, for example, we may email to invite you to join a new newsletter list, tell you about an upcoming webinar, or ask you to renew your membership when it expires. Our usage of your information is necessary for our legitimate interest in and purpose of staying in touch with you and administering and promoting the NHM Platform. Additional examples include:
If you do not wish to be contacted, please indicate your preference by using the opt-out links provided at the bottom of our emails and newsletters, or by contacting customer service. For more information, see Your Choices / How to Opt-Out section below. We will do our best to make your requested change in a timely manner.
Please do note that if you share personal information through certain NHM Platform publishing features, it may become public (e.g. if you include your email address in a comment or your name in a forum post, that information may be seen by other users or used for attribution).
HOW WE USE THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING NETWORKS AND ANALYTICS SERVICES
We and our third-party partners may use Tracking Technologies, such as cookies, pixels and web beacons, and collect and store information about you when you use or interact with our Services, marketing communications, advertising content and/or other websites, in order to provide you with personalized content and targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. We and our third-party partners automatically receive your IP address or mobile device identifier when this happens. We and our third-party partnersf may also use Tracking Technologies to measure the effectiveness of advertisements and to personalize the advertising content and to serve you advertisements that are relevant to your regional location. We may also use information collected using third-party cookies and beacons on the Services and in our emails to deliver advertising about the Services displayed to you on third-party services. To find out more about what the Tracking Technologies we use and how to manage your preferences go to our Cookies Notice.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
With Service Providers As noted above, we may engage outside companies to help us develop, operate and improve the NHM Platform and help provide our Services to you. Those third-party service providers assist with the following: analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support, payment processing, delivering content, email distribution, and providing customer service.
With Our Payment Processor If you are making a purchase, we will require you to provide financial information in order to process a payment from you. Our third-party payment processor will collect that information from you using SSL encryption. You should never provide detailed credit card information directly to us via an unsecure form, such as email.
With Prize Sponsors If you provide personal information in order to enter a sweepstakes or contest, and you are selected as a winner, we will provide your information to our third-party prize sponsors/providers for the purposes of fulfilling your prize, and for the purposes of providing a winners list as required by law.
With Third Parties Providing Functionality We may work with third parties to provide certain functionalities on the Services and to improve the effectiveness of the Services and its content. These third-party companies may also use Tracking Technologies to independently collect and store information about you and your usage of the Services and may combine this information with information they collect from other sources. Please note, we do not control Tracking Technologies used by third parties, and their use may be governed by the privacy policies of the third parties employing the Tracking Technologies.
With Mobile Carriers If you access the Services through a mobile device or mobil app, we may also share your information with mobile carriers, operating systems and platforms.
With Advertising Partners We may partner with third-party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our Websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share personal information with them for this purpose. Please see Your Choices / How To Opt Out section below.
Organizational Changes Should NHM undergo a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, NHM’s accumulated customer information will be treated as an asset and, like other business assets, subject to transfer to or acquisition by a third party. We may also disclose information about our users in connection with a commercial transaction where we, or any one of our businesses, is seeking financing, investment, support or funding.
With Your Consent or at Your Direction
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You may access, correct, or update the information you have provided to us. NHM takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. You can update your account information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us at any time by using the contact details provided in How to Contact Us section below.
If you are a visitor based in the EEA please see the Additional Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area below for your data protection rights.
YOUR CHOICES / HOW TO OPT OUT
Opting Out of Email
Turning Off Tracking Technologies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Cookie management tools provided by your browser may not disable HTML5 storage. To learn more about HTML5 storage, see our Cookies Notice. It is important to remember that many of NHM’s services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, NHM needs first-party cookies to log you in to the Services that require registration. In that case, you may set your browser to block third-party cookies and allow NHM’s first-party cookies only.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some third-party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites which are automatically applied by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitor’s choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, at this time, NHM does not respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Go to http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements. Please note that the opt out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out is applied.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical, organizational, physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to protect the information under our control. We use third-party hosting providers that use specific security measures such as network intrusion protection, automated https, and secure datacenters. The measures we and our hosting providers use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no system can completely guaranty that there will never be unauthorized access to your personal information.
ADDITIONAL NOTICE IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), this interest will normally be to operate our services and communicate with you as necessary to provide our services and targeted content to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving the services we offer, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the How to Contact Us section below.
EEA Data Protection Rights
If you are located in the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
International Data Transfers
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
DISPUTE RESOLUTION / ARBITRATION / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please contact us using the details below.
New Hope Media, LLC
108 West 39th Street, Suite 805
New York, NY. 10018
Attention: Privacy administrator
Copyright © 2018 New Hope Media, LLC. All rights reserved.