The following serves as ADDitude’s policy governing placement, acceptance, and other matters relating to Advertising. Advertisingherein represents any or all of the following: banner, badge, or contextual advertising; promotions; and sponsorships. ADDitude has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other Advertising matters relating to additudemag.com and its subsidiary sites. ADDitude in its sole discretion may change this policy at any time by posting revisions to this policy page on the Site.
1. ADDitude has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on its Site, and under no circumstances shall ADDitude‘s acceptance of any Advertising be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
2. ADDitude will not accept Advertising that, in ADDitude‘s opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste. ADDitude will not permit the placement of any Advertising for illegal or objectionable products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
3. Advertising for any of the following will not be accepted: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency.
4. Advertisers must only offer products or services that are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as Advertising.
5. ADDitude recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising content and editorial content. Clicking on a piece of advertising will link a viewer to an advertiser’s site.
6. On rare occasions advertisers provide funding for the creation of ADDitude original content without having any influence over it. In such cases, ADDitude will take whatever steps it deems necessary to ensure viewers can see clearly and unambiguously which is a sponsor’s advertising and which is ADDitude content. ADDitude also reserves the right to place text at the top of a page or elsewhere to alert viewers that ADDitude created the content without influence from the entity that paid to cover the cost(s) of creation.
7. ADDitude retains the exclusive right to determine the way in which search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on the Site. ADDitude article or content search results are not influenced by monetary payments from, or business dealings with, advertisers or sponsors. ADDitude does accept payment from advertisers for inclusion in the ADDitude Directory, which resides on the Site and has its own directory search function.
8. ADDitude reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove advertising at any time for any reason. In such a case, it will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. ADDitude also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of all advertising on the Site.
9. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. This includes pharmaceutical advertising to physicians and consumers that must be in compliance with U.S. Food & Drug Administration guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising as well as underwritten CME programs that must be labeled in accordance with the guidelines of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and any other relevant accrediting bodies. ADDitude will not monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations. However, ADDitude reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if ADDitude becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation, ADDitude reserves the right to remove the Advertising.
10. No Advertising shall be permitted that may harm the good name or reputation of ADDitude or the Site.