[Self-Test] Does My Child Have ADHD?
Does my child have ADHD? If you suspect that your child has symptoms of hyperactive, impulsive, or inattentive ADHD, take this self-test and share the results with your child’s doctor when requesting a thorough evaluation.
ADHD Symptoms Test for Kids
Only a mental-health professional can tell for sure whether symptoms of distractibility, impulsivity, and hyperactivity are severe and persistent enough to suggest a positive diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. But if you are concerned that your child demonstrates ADHD symptoms, take this test to better measure his or her behaviors and to understand how ADHD in children is diagnosed.
This questionnaire is designed to determine whether your child demonstrates symptoms similar to those of attention deficit disorder (ADHD). If you answer yes to a significant number of these questions, consult a physician and a licensed mental health practitioner. An accurate diagnosis can only be made through clinical evaluation.
Based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association.
Can’t see the self-test questions above? Click here to open this test in a new window.
ADHD in Children: Next Steps
1. Take This Test: Inattentive ADHD Symptoms in Children
2. Take This Test: ADHD Symptoms in Girls
3. Take This Test: Hyperactive and Impulsive ADHD Symptoms in Children
4. Take This Test: Oppositional Defiant Disorder in Children
5. Take This Test: Sensory Processing Disorder in Children
6. Find an ADHD specialist nearby in our ADDitude Directory
7. Consult Our ADHD Treatment Guide for Children