Listen to “Girls and Women with ADHD: Unique Risks, Crippling Stigma” with Stephen Hinshaw Ph.D.
In this hour-long podcast, Stephen Hinshaw, Ph.D. explains how women and girls experience ADHD.
Listen to “Girls and Women with ADHD: Unique Risks, Crippling Stigma” with Stephen Hinshaw, Ph.D.
Click the play button below to listen, or click the download icon to download the podcast and then save it to your device. Mobile users can touch this link to open the Podcasts app or touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
Stephen Hinshaw, Ph.D., explains how ADHD symptoms may present differently in girls and women, and the unique stigma females face.
In this episode:
- what ADHD looks like in girls
- how many girls with ADHD mature into adults with ADHD
- the developmental outcomes linked to ADHD in girls and women
- how ADHD may present in adulthood for women with no childhood history or diagnosis
- why stigma toward ADHD may be growing among those who haven’t been diagnosed with the condition
- the most effective ADHD treatments for girls and women versus boys and men
- What ADHD Looks Like in Girls and Women
- Self-Test: Could Your Daughter Have ADHD?
- Self-Test: Could You Have ADHD?
- Sister. Wife. Mother. Living with ADHD.
- “Thank you for today’s podcast. It was amazing and I want to share it with my mother, who doesn’t understand adult ADHD (in me), and my daughter, who is amazing, but is having real life struggles with ADHD.”
- “This man knows his stuff. Thank you for your illuminating insights into female ADHD. I thoroughly enjoyed learning more.”
- “Love love love Dr Hinshaw. I wish this podcast went on all day!”
How Do I Listen?
If you don’t see the podcast player at the top of the page, or subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast somewhere else, follow these instructions:
From your phone or tablet:
You can subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast in any podcast player. If you’re reading this on an Apple mobile device, touch this link to open the Podcasts app. If you’re reading this on an Android mobile device, touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
From a desktop or laptop:
Click the “play” button at the top of the page to start the episode. Keep that window or tab open on your browser while you listen, or the podcast episode will stop playing.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on September 13, 2019