“Why Does He Do That?!” [podcast episode 1#]
In ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast episode 1, learn to understand and improve your child’s ADHD-related behavior with Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D.
Listen to “’Why Does He Do That?!’” with Russell Barkley, Ph.D.
Click here to access the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
How does attention deficit disorder affect your child’s behavior and development? Yelling, telling a child to get with the program, giving an occasional pat on the head or squeeze on the shoulder — none of these are very effective with ADHD children. Here’s your chance to learn some techniques that will work. Russell Barkley, Ph.D., explains, and offers insightful tips on providing structure, consequences, and rewards.
In this episode, learn:
- Discipline strategies for when imposing consequences doesn’t change behavior
- How to handle an explosive child, even during the worst meltdowns
- Strategies for managing screen time
- Free Parenting Resource: Manage Your Child’s Anger
- How to Survive the After-School Witching Hour
- The Sad Truth About Tantrum Triggers
- eBook: We Are In This Together: Essays by Parents
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on February 21, 2013.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/