10 Keys to Raising a Child with ADHD
10 guiding principles to better parenting.
- Give your child more immediate feedback and consequences.
- Give your child more frequent feedback.
- Use larger and more powerful consequences.
- Use incentives before punishment.
- Strive for consistency.
- Act, don’t yak.
- Plan ahead for problem situations.
- Keep a disability perspective.
- Don’t personalize your child’s problems or disorder.
- Practice forgiveness.
From Taking Charge of ADHD, The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents by Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D.