ADHD Doctor? Psychologist? Therapist? Finding the Best Treatment Professional

Teaming up with the right doctor, psychiatrist, or other medical professional makes all the difference in managing ADHD symptoms successfully. Learn the benefits and limitations of each ADHD treatment professional.

For Kids: The Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician

A pediatrician who believes your child has developmental challenges will refer you to a developmental and behavioral pediatrician. This doctor will look to see whether there is anything unusual about your child's body. She will examine the nervous system, noting physical strength and coordination as well as behavior, social responsiveness, and speech. This doctor usually coordinates the testing your child may need.
  • 3 / 14