ADHD Doctor? Psychologist? Therapist? Finding the Best Treatment Professional

Teaming up with the right doctor, psychiatrist, or other medical professional makes all the difference in managing ADHD symptoms successfully. Learn the benefits and limitations of each ADHD treatment professional.

The Family Doctor

Your family doctor, also known as your primary-care physician, is responsible for your overall health care. Some FDs have elected to take additional courses to learn more about ADHD and are qualified to treat ADHD. Others offer only basic care and refer you to a specialist for further ADHD treatment.
  • 2 / 14