Published on

Test for Dyslexia

"Is there a specific test for dyslexia?"

by Sandy Maynard

A person can be evaluated for dyslexia by a knowledgeable psychologist, diagnostic specialist or learning disability specialist.

They use a variety of test instruments including The Lindamood Test (for sound and phonetics) The Woodcock Johnson Achievement Battery and the Grey Oral Reading Test. The Woodcock Reading Battery and the Orton Gillingham tests are also among those used to help diagnose Dyslexia. To learn more contact the National Orton Gillingham Association.

Copyright © 1998 - 2013 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our
Terms of Service ( and
Privacy Policy (
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only.
See additional information at
New Hope Media, 39 W. 37th Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018

Adult ADHD | Parenting ADHD Children | ADHD Treatment | School & Learning Disabilities | About ADHD | ADHD Resources | ADHD Community
Source: Test for Dyslexia