Published on

Getting Accommodations at Work

"I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD. Am I entitled to special accommodations at work?"

by Larry Silver, M.D.

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you are entitled to accommodations on the job as long as you can document the diagnosis. Ask your physician or psychiatrist to write a letter attesting to the diagnosis. The letter must identify what accommodations you’re requesting, and explain why they’re necessary.

Copyright © 1998 - 2013 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our
Terms of Service ( and
Privacy Policy (
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only.
See additional information at
New Hope Media, 39 W. 37th Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018

Adult ADHD | Parenting ADHD Children | ADHD Treatment | School & Learning Disabilities | About ADHD | ADHD Resources | ADHD Community
Source: Getting Accommodations at Work