Published on

When to Switch Doctors

"My new primary-care physician told me she doesn’t 'do' adult ADD, and wants me to go off my meds. What should I do?"

by Larry Silver, M.D.

Find another doctor. If you know any adults who are being treated for ADHD, find out who their doctors are. If you don’t know other ADDers, ask the members of a support group in your area for physician recommendations. You can find support group directories at and

Copyright © 1998 - 2013 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our
Terms of Service ( and
Privacy Policy (
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only.
See additional information at
New Hope Media, 39 W. 37th Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018

Adult ADHD | Parenting ADHD Children | ADHD Treatment | School & Learning Disabilities | About ADHD | ADHD Resources | ADHD Community
Source: When to Switch Doctors