Published on

A Qualified Diagnosis

"My son's teacher thinks he might have ADHD. Who can diagnose him and treat this disorder?"

by Larry Silver, M.D.

ADHD is a neurological disorder. Psychiatrists are qualified to diagnose and treat the condition. However, physicians, teachers, parents, or other mental health professionals may be the first to notice the symptoms that prompt a professional evaluation.

Copyright © 1998 - 2013 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our
Terms of Service ( and
Privacy Policy (
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only.
See additional information at
New Hope Media, 39 W. 37th Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018

Adult ADHD | Parenting ADHD Children | ADHD Treatment | School & Learning Disabilities | About ADHD | ADHD Resources | ADHD Community
Source: A Qualified Diagnosis