Published on

New Doctor, Old Problem

"I'm unhappy with my doctor and the medication I take. How can I find a new doctor?"

by Larry Silver, M.D.

Ask friends or a local ADHD organization to recommend physicians who work with patients who have ADHD. At your first visit, say that you were diagnosed with ADHD, but that your medication didn't seem to be a good fit. Ask for another assessment to confirm the diagnosis and to come up with other treatments.

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our
Terms of Service ( and
Privacy Policy (
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only.
See additional information at
New Hope Media, 108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018 .

Adult ADHD | Parenting ADHD Children | ADHD Treatment | School & Learning Disabilities | About ADHD | ADHD Resources | ADHD Community
Source: New Doctor, Old Problem