Discrimination by a Professor?

A college instructor asked me to drop her class when she found out I had attention deficit. Is this discrimination?
The Experts | posted by Matthew D. Cohen, J.D.

If the school is subject to either the ADA or 504 laws, you have two courses of action. First, request accommodations for ADHD through your school's disability office. The accommodations would be based on current documentation of your disability, how it impairs functioning, the need for accommodations, and how accommodations can address your disability.

Second, if you believe your professor is discriminating against you, this may represent discrimination under the ADA and Section 504. File a complaint through your school's grievance procedures.

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only. See additional information.
New Hope Media, 108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018