Meds Gone Wrong?

My husband was recently diagnosed with ADHD, and the doctor put him on medication. He hasn't been himself since. Within weeks, he lost his job and was hit by a car when he stepped into the street without looking. Can I sue the doctor?
The Experts | posted by Robert Tudisco

Everyone's body chemistry is different, so establishing a medication plan is often trial and error. Many providers encourage patients to keep a medication diary to see how medication impacts them over time.

Does this constitute medical malpractice? To prevail, your husband must establish that the doctor breached the standard of care established by his profession, which may vary by jurisdiction. In addition, your husband and his attorney would have to establish that the prescribed medication caused the injuries that your husband suffered. Consult an attorney in your area who handles medical malpractice and has experience with ADHD.

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only. See additional information.
New Hope Media, 108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018