How Do I Change My Child's IEP?

I came up with an IEP accommodation for my daughter, but after a month, it hasn't had any positive results. How can I swap this out for something that would work better?
The Experts | posted by Susan Yellin

You can request changes to an IEP or a 504 Plan if something is not working. How you do this depends on the nature of the change you want to make. If it is a small, classroom-based accommodation, to be implemented by the teacher, you should speak to the teacher and, if he or she agrees to make the change, just do it. You should remember to raise this at the next 504 team meeting, and make it a formal part of your child's 504 Plan at that time.

If the change is more extensive, or needs to be implemented by staff other than the classroom teacher, it should be part of a formal change to the 504 Plan. To do this, begin with a written note to the head of the school's 504 team, explaining what you want to change and why. Ask whether this can be done without a meeting. If it can't, ask to schedule a meeting of the 504 team to consider and implement this change in your daughter's plan.

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only. See additional information.
New Hope Media, 108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018