ADHD Accommodations for Students: How to Request Accommodations From Teachers

Need help securing accommodations for your ADHD student? Form a partnership with your child’s teacher! If you work as a team, you’re more likely to get the help your attention deficit child needs to perform well in school.

PREV Slide 5 of 5


Keep Records

No matter how cordial (or not) your discussions are with school officials, it's always a good idea to create a paper trail. Make copies of all correspondence and record the details of every meeting and phone conversation (dates, times, what was discussed, who was present, and so on). Put everything in a three-ring binder, along with report cards, test scores, doctor's evaluations, every note sent home by the teacher, and copies of your responses.

Good documentation can do more than jog your memory. It can act as evidence if you must seek legal help to persuade the school to meet your child's academic needs.

More ADHD Accommodations Advice

More Time on Tests

How to Write an Individualized Education Program (IEP)

Does Your Child Need a Tutor?

More ADHD Accommodations Help

PREV Slide 5 of 5

slide   1   2   3   4   5

TAGS: Talking with Teachers, ADHD Accommodations, 504s, IEPs, Academic Evaluations

Share your comments, find solutions and support on ADDConnect!
Discuss classroom accommodations, IEPs and 504 Plans, behavior solutions, homework fixes and more on ADDConnect.

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 New Hope Media LLC. All rights reserved. Your use of this site is governed by our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
ADDitude does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only. See additional information.
New Hope Media, 108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018