Partner with Parents
For best results, teachers must partner with the parents to ensure that their child is ready to learn in the classroom. Here are some guidelines to share with the parents of your ADHD students:
1. Communicate regularly with the teacher about problems.
2. See that your child's medication is working effectively at school and during homework sessions.
3. Help your child organize papers for evening homework and prepare for the next school day.
4. Watch your child put completed homework in the proper folder.
5. Monitor completion of work in the classes that he is in danger of failing.
6. Save all completed homework until the semester is over.
7. Talk with the teacher about using a daily or weekly report, if needed.