The signs of ADHD are often overlooked in women and girls, so it's easy to miss a diagnosis. Are your daughter's energy or your spaciness just part of a quirky personality? Or are they an indication of ADHD?
Take the ADHD test to find out!
NOTE: This quiz cannot diagnose ADHD -- only your doctor can do that. Even if the answer to every question is “yes,” it’s possible that these symptoms are due to another condition, or there are other factors involved. There might be another diagnosis, or multiple diagnoses. Talk to your doctor. Don't rely on an internet quiz.
1) Even though you try to stay organized, is it hard for you to keep track of homework assignments and due dates? Do you have trouble completing papers and projects on time?
2) Do you find yourself always running late, even though you try to stay on schedule?
3) Do you have trouble getting to sleep at night? Is it hard to get up in the mornings?
4) Do you tend to jump from one topic of conversation to another without warning?
5) Do you keep interrupting people when they’re talking, even though you try not to?
6) Does your mind keep wandering in class, even though you’re trying to pay attention?
7) Do you have trouble remembering what you’ve read?
8) Is your room very messy? Do you frequently lose or misplace personal items?
9) Do your friends call you “hyper,” or “spacey”?
10) Do you forget to do things your parents ask you to do?
11) Do your parents and teachers claim you need to try harder in school?
12) Are you easily distracted by sounds or objects, even when others don’t notice them?
13) Do people say you overreact to things?
14) Do you feel anxious or worried a lot of the time? Do you often get moody and depressed for no reason?
15) Are your moods and emotions much more intense the week before your period?
16) Are you impatient? Do you get easily frustrated?
17) Do you feel different from other girls?
18) Do you wish your parents understood how hard high school is for you?
19) Do you feel mentally exhausted by the time you get home from school?
20) Compared to your classmates, does it take you longer to get assignments done?
21) Even when you study hard, do you have trouble remembering, or go blank during tests?
22) Do you have trouble staying organized?
23) Do you find you only make good grades in the classes that interest you?
24) Do you tend to put off assignments until the last minute?
25) Do you find you have to stay up late the night before a test to study?
26) Do you eat to calm down?
27) Do you feel like you’re always messing up?
28) Do you fidget or doodle in class because you have trouble sitting still and paying attention?
29) Do you blurt things out without thinking?
This quiz is based on the ADD (ADHD) Self-report Questionnaire for Teenage Girls by Kathleen G. Nadeau, Ph.D. and Patricia Quinn, M.D.