Manage the Holidays
Six ways to ensure a smooth holiday season.
- Don't wait until the last minute to shop. Start shopping for gifts in October, and stock the pantry with holiday foods, as well.
- Limit gifts to close family. Buy gift cards, or know what you want to buy before you shop.
- Limit the number of toys you buy-and shop wisely. Fewer toys will encourage creativity in kids with ADHD. Too many will distract them.
- Simplify your decorating. Divide your home into zones, set your timer, and do a little decorating each night.
- Don't feel obligated to schedule gatherings on or before the big day. If the family can't get together until January, have the feast then.
- Create an activity that will tire out your children on Christmas Eve, so the whole family can sleep.
Travel and Vacation Tips,
ADHD Housework Tips,
ADHD Time Management
No judging! No doubting! Just understanding!
Join ADDConnect's support groups for parents to discuss discipline challenges, school solutions, treatment options and much more.