6 Questions for LD/ADD Camps
- What is the ratio of counselors to campers in the cabins? How are the counselors trained? What other specialty staff is available?
- Describe the education program? How many hours a week? How is the program devised for each child? Will you communicate with my child's school?
- What is the social-skills program?
- How are meds supervised? Is a special medical delivery system used? How many medical professionals are on staff?
- Can you send me a schedule of activities? How much unstructured time is on the schedule?
- What is the camp policy regarding parents communicating with children? How does the camp handle homesickness?
7 Questions to Ask About Your Child
- Does he need help making or keeping friends?
- What are his interests?
- Would he benefit from educational instruction?
- What do you want your child to gain from his camp experience?
- Has he spent nights away from home successfully?
- Does he need structure?
- What is his temperament?