How to Pick an ADHD/LD Camp for Your Child
What to consider when selecting a summer camp
6 Questions for LD/ADD Camps
- What is the ratio of counselors to campers in the cabins? How are the counselors trained? What other specialty staff is available?
- Describe the education program? How many hours a week? How is the program devised for each child? Will you communicate with my child's school?
- What is the social-skills program?
- How are meds supervised? Is a special medical delivery system used? How many medical professionals are on staff?
- Can you send me a schedule of activities? How much unstructured time is on the schedule?
- What is the camp policy regarding parents communicating with children? How does the camp handle homesickness?
7 Questions to Ask About Your Child
- Does he need help making or keeping friends?
- Would he benefit from educational instruction?
- What do you want your child to gain from his camp experience?
- Has he spent nights away from home successfully?
Camp for ADHD Kids,
Summer for ADHD Kids,
ADHD Accommodations, 504s, IEPs
What do you think of this article? Share your comments on www.ADDConnect.com, ADDitude's community site.
Check out the new ADHD Medication User Reviews and the ADHD
Adults Support Group.
Your fellow ADDers want to hear from you!