To increase protein and nutritional value, place nuts and seeds in a large bowl, cover with water, and soak overnight to initiate sprouting process.
2 cups slivered almonds
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 cup cashews, chopped
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup goji berries or 1/4 cup chopped dates
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups almond, coconut, or hemp milk
2 cups plain coconut milk yogurt
1/4 cup cacao nibs or Lily’s sugar-free dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. If you soaked the nuts and seeds, drain and rinse them, discarding the soaking water.
2. Add nuts, seeds, goji berries or dates, and raisins to food processor and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped to the consistency of granola (do not overprocess).
3. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt to mixture and pulse briefly to incorporate all ingredients.
4. If desired, warm in oven at 175°F for 15 minutes.
5. Divide granola evenly among four bowls.
6. Pour 1/2 cup almond, coconut, or hemp milk into each bowl of granola.
7. Top each bowl with 1/2 cup coconut yogurt and optional toppings as desired.
EXCERPTED FROM HEALING ADD THROUGH FOOD COOKBOOK (CD-ROM)