Free Webinar Replay: Positive Parenting Strategies: How to Build Confidence in Your Child with ADHD
In this special ADHD Awareness webinar, Kirk Martin, explains how to use positive parenting techniques to build your child's self esteem.
Research suggests that, by the age of 12, a child with ADHD will receive 20,000 more negative messages than her neurotypical peers. Due to attention deficits, impulsivity, and executive function deficits beyond their control, kids with ADHD struggle daily to prove that they measure up to their classmates. Still, they face negative comments and consequences that may crush their self-confidence if not counterbalanced with positive parenting techniques at home.
Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of Positive Parenting Strategies: How to Build Confidence in Your Child with ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.
Replay This Free Webinar
In this webinar, learn what positive parenting looks like on a day-to-day basis, and how it works to boost self-esteem and encourage kids to pursue their goals. This session will also teach parents how to…
1. replace the negative messages about ADHD
2. motivate kids who don’t respond to consequences
3. accentuate kids' positive qualities and use their gifts and passions in purposeful ways
4. improve attention, focus, impulse control, social skills, and executive function at school by helping teachers give our kids the tools they need to succeed
5. stop power struggles by understanding why your kids are sometimes bossy, cheat at games, become defiant, and have meltdowns
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Kirk Martin, the founder of Celebrate Calm, and his son, Casey, both have ADHD. They have given 500,000 parents practical, concrete strategies to stop power struggles, meltdowns, and yelling. It’s critical that we reverse the negative cycle with concrete, positive strategies that build their confidence. You will laugh and learn about new ways to motivate children who don't respond to consequences. You can reach Kirk at www.CelebrateCalm.com.
Webinar replays include
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
INSTANT ACCESS! Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of Positive Parenting Strategies: How to Build Confidence in Your Child with ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.