Free Webinar Replay: Teaching Life Skills to Children and Teens with ADHD
Vincent Monastra, Ph.D., explores at home strategies for building life skills to set your child up for success.
ADHD is a complex condition with wide-ranging symptoms that overlap and sometimes imitate hypoglycemia, anemia, diabetes, sleep apnea, and myriad other related conditions. Getting to the root of ADHD symptoms is job Number One, but right on its heels is the work of devising a balanced treatment plan that sets kids up for success throughout life.
Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of Teaching Life Skills to Children and Teens with ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.
Replay This Free Webinar
In this webinar presentation, clinical psychologist Vincent Monastra offers at-home strategies for teaching life skills, namely:
1. Conversation skills: Teaching kids to communicate and connect with peers and adults
2. Confidence: Helping kids master a sport, skill, or academic area that matters to peers
3. Strength: Giving kids the ammunition to stop the teasing that often leads to meltdowns and low self-esteem
4. Empathy: Developing kids’ natural kindness and appreciation
5. Organization: Devising systems to keep kids organized and working efficiently
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Vincent Monastra, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and director of the FPI Attention Disorders Clinic in Endicott, New York. He is internationally recognized for his research on the neurophysiological characteristics of children and teens with ADHD and his treatment studies demonstrating the significance of parenting style, school intervention, nutrition, and EEG biofeedback in their overall care.
Webinar replays include
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
The sponsor of this week's ADDitude webinar is....
APA: The American Psychological Association (APA) publishes a wealth of resources for the ADHD community, including professional books for practitioners, self-help books for children with ADHD under the Magination Press® imprint, and adult self-help and parenting books under the APA LifeTools® imprint. Dr. Vincent Monastra’s most recent APA LifeTools book is Teaching Life Skills to Children and Teens With ADHD. www.apa.org/pubs/
ADDitude webinar sponsors have no role in the selection of guest speakers, the speaker's presentation, or any other aspect of the webinar production.
INSTANT ACCESS! Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of Teaching Life Skills to Children and Teens with ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.