Free Webinar Replay: Beyond Minecraft: The Best Games and Apps for Kids with ADHD and LD
Randy Kulman, Ph.D., and James Daley, share tips for using your child's love of Minecraft to teach life skills and find new interests.
In many ADHD households, Minecraft is more than a hobby; it is an obsession. And while anything in excess is worrisome, the game itself offers a lot of promise. It really can help to build executive function skills, processing speeds, and working memory — if used in conjunction with a balanced play “diet.” But Minecraft is not the only tool at your disposal.
Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of Beyond Minecraft: The Best Games and Apps for Kids with ADHD and LD, plus get more information from ADDitude.
Replay This Free Webinar
In this webinar presentation, Randy Kulman, Ph.D., and James Daley, discuss:
1. What makes Minecraft and similar video games so incredibly appealing
2. How apps and games can sharpen skills ranging from emotional control to problem-solving acumen
3. How to leverage a Minecraft obsession into a learning opportunity
4. Minecraft-like games, technologies and apps like Toca Blocks, Terraria, and Eden World Builder
5. Specific strategies for setting limits on screen time
Meet the experts:
Randy Kulman, Ph.D., is the founder and president of LearningWorks for Kids, an educational technology company that specializes in using video games and interactive digital media to teach executive-functioning and academic skills.
James Daley, is a writer, editor, and digital designer with a passion
for creating innovative online media. He serves as vice president and editor-in-chief of LearningWorks for Kids.
Webinar replays include
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about parenting kids with ADHD
The sponsor of this week's ADDitude webinar is....
Play Attention: Use your screen time wisely. Play a game that can HELP a person with ADHD improve skills and impulse control. Play Attention is the only brain training system that combines both advanced neurofeedback and cognitive training to effectively improve attention, behavior, and learning skills in children and adults with ADHD.
ADDitude webinar sponsors have no role in the selection of guest speakers, the speaker's presentation, or any other aspect of the webinar production.
INSTANT ACCESS! Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of Beyond Minecraft: The Best Games and Apps for Kids with ADHD and LD, plus get more information from ADDitude.